Overview of Dokha (Arabic Tobacco)
The Dokha Smoking Experience
Dokha is a natural and pure tender leaf Arabic tobacco. Overview of Dokha – unlike most tobaccos, Dokha is not fire cured and cut, but dried in the arid desert region from which it came from. It’s finely ground in a timely delicate manner to preserve the content of the tobacco, its strength, freshness and pure flavour.
Dokha tobacco, essentially, is unaltered and maintains the green colouration of the natural plant. Blends are typically classified into cold Dokha, warm Dokha or hot Dokha.
Dokha originated in Gilaki which was located on the southwest coast of the Caspian Sea (modern-day Iran) back in the 1400s, where it was primarily used by sailors. Over the years, the smoking of Dokha was banned which surprisingly led to its rising popularity, especially in the Middle East!
If you are a frequent smoker of cigarettes, you should try smoking Dokha. It is commonly smoked through a Medwakh (Midwakh) wooden pipe which can be purchased along with the Dokha.
Advantages of Smoking Dokha
Why you should consider smoking Dokha rather than cigarettes….
- Dokha has a unique ‘buzz’ which smokers find satisfying and relaxing.
- The smoke produced from Dokha does not leave any unpleasant odour on your clothes which makes it easy to smoke anywhere the law allows!
- Dokha is highly economical when compared to cigarettes and other tobacco-related substances. One 50ml (14g) bottle holds about 150 smokes in a standard Medwakh pipe.
- Enjoy Dokha premium Dokha packages are very affordable and will leave you wanting more!
- Dokha does not contain any additives and is a more pure smoking experience, compared to smoking cigarettes.
Effects of Smoking Dokha
With this Overview of Dokha (Arabic Tobacco) – the first time you smoke Dokha you will most certainly experience a dizzy feeling or ‘buzz’. Therefore, it is essential not to rush smoking Dokha, just take it slow and enjoy the moment, however, we would advise that you do not operate machinery or drive any vehicle if you are feeling dizzy.
Smoking Dokha can cause the same sensation as laughing, which has been shown to be pleasant to most users!